RED VELVET CAKE
1hr 30 Mins
Our Red Velvet Cake recipe is moist, fluffy with a buttery and cocoa flavour. Feel free to top it off with cream cheese frosting for your perfect Red Velvet Cake.
- Preheat oven at 170°C. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Using a stand/handheld mixer, beat butter at medium high speed for about 1 minute until butter turns pale.
- Scrape down the sides to the bottom of the bowl and add in 6 eggs into and continue beating at high speed for 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour in 2-3 additions alternating with the milk .
- Continue beating at medium speed until batter is smooth
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 mins.
* stick a test pen into the cake, if it comes out clean, cake is cooked and ready
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before turning the cake out onto the rack to allow it to be cool completely.